Friday, January 29, 2016

“Breathe With Me” p:31/23

AyinBase / Ayin Beis with R' Paltiel, Shvat 5776 



Page 31 of pamphlet – (2nd line of the page. Line starts: 'chochmah stimah...'). Page 23 of the book. For text see below.

Questions and comments:

There is concealed wisdom that I know not due to investigation and deduction from observation. It originated in me in a concealed manner. It was not the result of my own activity. It was imparted to me from Above.

A metaphor for this: think of breathing. It is a necessity and a real experience. Yet, we breath not because we struggle for air, but because it is pressed into me – it is given to me. 

Being alive in the world is more than my own experience of 'I am alive'.  The Maker wants that I should live.  He keeps me alive by his effort.  All I need to do is not resist.  To accept.

Chochmah stimah (hidden wisdom) is of a similar nature. It is imparted from above.


This is wisdom without trigger.  On a lower level of chochmah there is what triggers my knowing.


And this is why the hidden/stimah chochmah is incomparable to the higher/ilah chochmah.

The hidden level shines into the level below it.


No comments:

Post a Comment