Tuesday, October 28, 2014

“Based on Nothing” p:72(12)

AyinBase / Ayin Beis with R' Paltiel 4 Cheshvan 5775 



Page 72(12)  (See Bonus Video below notes)

At about the middle of the page – (line begins: 'hu bechinat...') For text, click: Here.

We have been saying that the light of chochmah already has a form.


The essence of Godliness has no form and no light – nothing representing it. But then there is the decision to make the light. Chochmah relates to the nothing of this light.


Jews are also human beings that eat, sleep, argue and fight etc...! But their personal identity is not based on their personal presence. They say, 'I am based on the fact that God says I am here – so I'm here - that's it!' His doing gives me a real presence. This is how we started in the wilderness when we said, 'our deed is based in Your statement' (na-aseh ve nishmah). This is how I get out of bed – I acknowledge You – I submit, not because I understand. My day is based in the nothing, not my 'somethingness'...!

Due to the cleaving to source the chochmah/wisdom has the quality of ein/nothingness. It is completely based on the source even after it exists.

Its primary orientation is not, 'what am I?' but rather, 'where do I come from?'

Chochmah/wisdom is not, 'what you know...' but the fact that, 'the truth exists...'
--------
See below a bonus video - R' Ginsburgh at Golan's house this past motzei Shabbat... 
מלוה מלכה - א' חשון 




No comments:

Post a Comment