Monday, December 24, 2012

“I Will be There for Them!” p:2


AyinBase / Ayin Beis with R' Paltiel Monday 11 Tevet 5773 
Page 2
Middle of the page – (line starts, 'pnimiut...') For text, click here.

Every day there is a sense of reality, and recognition of Him, but this is in the background. In preparation for doing a mitzvah, it is made more conscious, but not as internal as it is on Rosh Hashanah.

But the mitzvah of tshuvah is from above the level of revelations.

As it says, this mitzvah comes from the level of 'anochi'. This is the level of, 'I, as I am unto myself'.


If not for the fact that it is given from above, we could not create the situation of tshuvah/return.

He gave commands and said, 'if you behave thusly, then I can be with you, but if not then you exclude me from your presence'. Then there is is the thought, 'it is impossible for me to divorce Myself from them, so I will present the avenue of tshuvah/return and any time they want to turn and recognize our special relationship, I will be there for them!'

All the mitzvoth are rooted in 'revelation of His will' – gilui ha ratzon. Tshuvah is an exception. It is based on how He is unto Himself. The will comes from that level.

Tshuvah is from the inner aspect of the soul. It is not to avoid consequences or punishment. Punishment is not revenge – it is a restoration of the soul back to G-dliness. The soul sheds the experiences gained from an unfit source. It connects back to its real Source. So if one asks for no punishment there must be something deeper – the soul feels its distance and says, 'I don't know how I got here, I want to get back home'.

There is an inner movement from the depth of the soul, based on a place that was never touched by any impurity.

This is not about washing away the dirt. Its a level that brings new life from the source.

There is no compelling element. It is all volitional.


No comments:

Post a Comment